Top United States Casino Bonuses
The online gaming industry in the United States has had its ups and downs over the years, causing players to look for alternative gaming options as no one was sure whether it was legal to play at the best USA online casinos, regardless if they were available or not. Thankfully, the landscape has significantly improved since the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act of 2006, giving players the freedom to once again find entertainment at the best online casinos in the USA.
With that in mind, let's take a look at the legality of playing at offshore casinos as an American player and where you'll find the ultimate gambling sites that offer some of the top bonus offers in the industry. We will also take an in-depth look at the top promotions and bonuses you can claim as a new player, the top bonus offers you can look forward to as an existing player, and how you can easily find the best USA online casinos yourself with the use of our innovative checklist.
Is it Legal to Play at Offshore Gambling Sites in America?
Heads up; there is no short answer to this question. It is completely legal to play games at free online sites. The legal problems arise, though, when it comes to betting real money at gambling sites. The often-cited law is the 1961 Federal Wire Act that prohibits accepting bets over a wire. In 2011, the law was interpreted with a limited scope to include only sports betting. Then, in 2019, that decision was reversed, and all types of wagering were included in the scope of the law, notwithstanding the laws of individual states.
The other law that confuses a lot of players is the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act of 2006. This act prohibits financial institutions and payment processors from facilitating the transfer of money between betting establishments and players. In one case, two Canadians were charged by the FBI in connection with these kinds of transactions.
The key phrase in all of this is "notwithstanding the laws of individual states". While it may be illegal on a federal level for an individual to start up a gambling website and accept wagers online or for an institution to process payments on wagers, it is up to the individual states to make and enforce their own rules. So, while some offshore establishments are unable to accept players from the USA, the rules come down to a state by state basis.
Where are the Best Online Casinos in the USA?
Since it comes down to the state, there are indeed some establishments that are legally recognized and allowed to operate. On the flip side, some states have specific laws against gambling sites. Your best bet is to become familiar with the laws of the state in which you reside and only play at the best USA online casinos that you know are legal. While it is unlikely that the government would prosecute you as a player, they may seize or freeze your funds, and that would not be cool. The states that have some of the best USA online casinos include:
- Delaware - Delaware allows online poker and gambling sites that are run by the state lottery commission.
- Nevada - Nevada allows online poker, while virtual casinos are still illegal (believe it or not).
- New Jersey - New Jersey allows online gambling for its residents over the age of 21. Only sites operated on servers inside licensed casinos in Atlantic City are permitted.
- Pennsylvania - In 2019, Pennsylvania approved the launch of government-sanctioned online casinos.
Just as important as being aware of the states that allow the best online casinos in the USA is knowing which states have explicit laws against online betting. These laws go above and beyond the laws that prohibit illegal gambling generally as they outlaw online wagering specifically. These states include Utah, Indiana, New Hampshire, Washington state, and Texas.
With all that in mind, one final word is in order. While the best USA online casinos are limited and highly regulated, and it is even illegal to access legitimate websites across state borders. Thankfully, these laws don't impact legal offshore casinos. If the casino is operating legally in another jurisdiction and it is allowed to accept players from the US, then you can be confident that nothing is keeping you from playing at those sites. The only exception is Washington state that does explicitly prohibit offshore betting.
The Top Casino Bonuses for New Players
When you do find a list that features the best USA online casinos in the world such as Bovada or Red Stag, that complies with local regulations and where you are allowed by your jurisdiction, be on the lookout for the top new player bonuses that will make your experience even richer. Below, we included some of the top bonuses you'll come across at the best USA online casinos as a new player.
- Free Cash Bonus - Nothing beats free money, especially when you can claim such a top bonus at some of the best USA online casinos. Most of the gambling sites in America will come equipped with a free cash bonus that will be credited directly to your bonus balance. Once credited, you can use the free cash bonus on a wide variety of games and even have the opportunity to win real money while using this top free bonus on your account.
- Free Spins Bonus - If you enjoy video slots, over and above table games, or video poker variants, you'll be pleased to know that the best gambling sites in America also offer a top no deposit bonus that is specifically designed for slot enthusiasts. You will receive a set number of free spins on a popular video slot, or perhaps on multiple slots from the same software developer, that you can also turn into real money.
- Free Play Promotion - The third and final free money offer you'll find at the best USA online casinos is the free play promotion. This top bonus offer will give you the freedom to play all available games at the casino for one hour using demo credits. Should you manage to end up with a bigger balance than what you initially started with, you will also qualify for a generous welcome package on your initial deposit.
Each of these top bonus offers is designed to give you a taste of what to expect once you start making real money deposits. The best USA online casinos use these top bonuses to attract new players to the site, while players have the opportunity to see if the gambling site has everything on offer that will meet their requirements. It's essentially a win-win situation for both the operator and the player.
The Ultimate Ongoing Promotions for Existing Players
Once you've claimed one of the top no deposit bonuses from the list above, and claimed a welcome package at one of the best USA online casinos we recommend on our site, you will automatically be seen as an existing player. When this happens, you'll be showered with some of the juiciest promotions to ensure you keep coming back for more. Below, we included some of the most popular and top bonus offers you can expect as an existing player at some of the premier gambling sites in America.
- Weekly Promos - If you find a casino that you like, check back each week for the top bonus deals that go out to returning customers. These top bonuses are often time-sensitive, so make sure you use them before they expire.
- Seasonal Promos - While you might normally greet the change of season with groaning and complaining, you might like the way casinos mark the change with awards for existing players. Holidays like the 4th of July, Thanksgiving, and Christmas are also included in this category.
- Anniversary Promos - If you are a really loyal customer you might even stick it out for years at the same casino. Many sites note your sign-up date and will give you a top anniversary bonus each year. Now that's something many spouses don't even get!
How to Choose the Best USA Online Casino with Top Bonuses
Choosing the right online casino in the United States, that comes equipped with generous offers, comes down to two things. First, there are the legal ramifications - is the casino sanctioned, and are you allowed to play top bonuses from your state of residence. Secondly, what kind of offers do the casinos have? After you've checked your local rules and found a legitimate casino, be sure to check out the terms and conditions of each website to see if there are any restrictions on the top bonus offers before you opt-in for the promotion. If there are unreasonable playthrough requirements, then don't be fooled by their generous sign-up offers.
Depending on where you live in the USA, playing at an online casino may be a difficult thing to figure out. However, once you've cut through the red tape and fully understood the house rules of your site of choice, you will be on your way to having a good time.